This is part 3 of the Lending Compliance 3-Part Series Webinars. Registration includes all 3 parts.
Click here for information on Part 1 on May 18
Click here for information on Part 2 on May 24
ABA Professional Certifications Continuing Education Credit (For live webinar option only for all 3 parts)
This program has been approved for 6.0 CRCM credits by ABA (American Bankers Association) Professional Certifications. Certified professionals will report these credits at aba.csod.com.
Click here for brochure
Part 3 will provide an overview of the commercial lending compliance requirements. This session is a great introduction for those new to
the commercial lending process, as well as an important review for the experienced lenders, audit & compliance professionals.
for commercial lending include:
- Preview of probable data collection requirements for minority & women-owned small businesses
- Compliance for commercial loans including Regulation B, HMDA, Flood, and CRA reporting
- BSA requirements for “legal entity” loan applications
- Reg O requirements
What you will learn:
- Preview of Section 1071 regulations to collect data on applications for credit for women-owned and minority-owned small businesses.
- Reg O overview and requirements for extensions of credit to directors, principal shareholders, and executive officers
- CRA reporting for small business and farm loans
- Loan application basics for commercial loans, including requirements for applications secured by real estate.
- Reg O requirements
- HMDA recap of coverage, required and exempt data fields, common violations, and tools for data integrity.
- Overview of Beneficial Ownership requirements and impacts to lending for loans made to a “legal entity” (corporations,
LLCs, partnerships, etc.)
This webinar series is designed to explain the basic requirements for lending compliance in terms that someone new to lending compliance can understand. It will also be an effective review for experienced lending personnel and employees who are responsible for an effective compliance management system. The series benefits lenders, loan support personnel, auditors, and compliance officers.
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real life examples.