LBA’s government relations team is trusted, respected and dedicated to promoting and preserving the pro-banking environment in Louisiana. LBA saw continued legislative success during the 2018 State Legislative Session, including three LBA-sponsored bills that passed the legislature, were signed into law and will benefit banks, their customers and their communities:
- Act 434 by Rep. Thomas Carmody which protects vulnerable adult individuals from financial exploitation.
- Act 154 by Sen. Francis Thompson & Rep. Gene Reynolds which improves financial literacy education in Louisiana’s public high schools.
- Act 202 by Rep. Katrina Jackson which mandates all Parish Clerks of Court participate in the Louisiana Clerks Remote Access Authority central portal by July 2020.
Monitor, Track, Act
During the 2018 state legislative sessions, 2,539 bills & resolutions were reviewed by LBA & 100% of the bills that were identified by LBA as harmful to banks and their customers were either favorably amended or defeated during the state legislative process.
- 2,026 messages were sent through LBA’s VoterVoice Call to Action campaigns to members of the Louisiana Congressional Delegation—that's close to a 15% increase over 2017
- LBA State PAC 2018 contributions totaled $92,015 from 76 banks.
- LBA Fed PAC 2018 contributions totaled $76,500 from 660 individuals.
- We had 33 members of Cliff's Club for 2018, which recognizes institutions whose employees and directors collectively give $1,000 or more to the Fed PAC.
- LBA member banks and bankers have contributed close to $1.2 million to the LBA PACs since 2011.