This is part 2 of the Lending Compliance 3-Part Series Webinars. Registration includes all 3 parts.
Click here for brochure
ABA Professional Certifications Continuing Education Credit (For live webinar option only for all 3 parts)
This program has been approved for 6.0 CRCM credits by ABA (American Bankers Association) Professional Certifications. Certified professionals will report these credits at aba.csod.com.
Click here for Part 1 on May 18
Click here for Part 3 on May 26
Part 2 will provide an overview of the consumer lending compliance requirements. This session is a great introduction for those new to the consumer lending process, as well as an important review for the experienced lenders, audit & compliance professionals.
- Application Basics of Regulation B
- Reg Z requirements
- HMDA requirements
- Flood Disaster Protection Act
- E-SIGN steps
- FCRA issues
- Mortgage loan disclosures
What you will learn:
- What violations do examiners cite most frequently in consumer lending compliance exams?
- Loan application basics for consumer loans, including requirements for applications secured by real estate.
- Overview of the required basic disclosures by each lending regulation, with special emphasis in the following:
- Regulation B requirements
- Military Lending Act requirements and SCRA (Service Members Civil Relief Act).
- Overview of Regulation Z requirements, selected RESPA requirements
- HMDA recap of coverage, required and exempt data fields, common violations, and tools for data integrity.
- Review of Flood Insurance issues including private flood insurance and required disclosures and coverage calculations; learn how to avoid flood violations that have civil money penalties.
- Special concerns about credit report accuracy, permissible purpose, and handling disputed reporting under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
This webinar series is designed to explain the basic requirements for lending compliance in terms that someone new to lending compliance can understand. It will also be an effective review for experienced lending personnel and employees who are responsible for an effective compliance management system. The series benefits lenders, loan support personnel, auditors, and compliance officers.
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real life examples.