Speaker: Kimberly Boatwright, Compliance Resource, LLC
This recording is from a 1-day instructor led program held on May 23, 2023 via Zoom. Recordings are 4 MP4 links. Electronic materials will be sent as well.
Today’s financial institutions must have sound compliance management systems (CMS). From making sure everyone is following policies and procedures to training staff to tracking, understanding, and implementing new regulations and predicting the impact of proposed rules, it’s a never-ending exercise in organization and education. That’s why federal regulators require financial institutions to have a CMS. While each agency has its own definition of a CMS, it all boils down to one simple concept: how a financial institution manages consumer compliance risk. This program provides a practical, risked base review of the basic requirements of a CMS.
- A review of the basic requirements of a CMS and tailoring them to your financial institution
- How changing regulatory requirements pose a risk if not tracked and managed properly
- Breaking down institutional silos to build and maintain a better CMS
- Reviewing, testing, and monitoring operations to ensure requirements are working as intended
- Training business units
- Correcting and preventing consumer harm