November 8-9, 2022
9am-4pm (Day 1)
8:30am-3:30pm (Day 2)
Member Fee: $390 (In-Person); $490 (Live Stream); $780 (Recording); $100 Add On Recording with In-Person or Live Stream Registration
Non-Member Fee: $590 (In-Person); 690 (Live Stream); $980 (Recording); $100 Add On Recording with In-Person or Live Stream Registration
Please note: If you participate in-person or by live stream via Zoom, we will email a certificate to you following the program. Certificates will only be emailed to registered attendees. If you register for the recording, we will not be able to provide a certificate because we will not be able to track attendance.
Click here for tips if participating in the live streamed seminar.
ABA Professional Certifications Continuing Education Credit (For in-person and live stream registration options only)
This program has been approved for 14.5 CRCM credits by ABA (American Bankers Association) Professional Certifications. Certified professionals will report these credits at aba.csod.com.
Congress has consistently provided special protection to consumer loan borrowers, especially those who secure loans with their home. There has been an explosion of new lending requirements over the past few years and the changes continue into 2022.
The program provides an overview of the real estate lending requirements from ten regulations, along with comprehensive coverage of selected topics, policy suggestions, employee training tips, audit techniques and steps to eliminate past problems. Emphasis is placed on coverage and exemption rules, determining which disclosures are required, the content of the required disclosures and prohibited acts or practices.
Every year major changes appear and this year is no exception. Big changes are pending with Fair Lending. Regulation B, and flood insurance. The program and the manual have been completely updated for these rules.
Where else can you find:
- Comprehensive coverage of 10 major federal real estate lending compliance topics in two information packed days; and
- A 400-page manual that serves as a handbook long after the program has ended.
The following laws and regulations are covered:
- Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z) – includes revisions to the ATR/QM rules and the latest guidance on TRID rules;
- Flood Insurance Rules – includes the new Flood Insurance Questions and Answers FAQs which were published on and were effective on May 11, 2022 (you must get it right, right now), and a new Standard Flood Hazard Determination form;
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act – Foreclosure surge regulations and warnings;
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B) - includes guidance on the 2021 Interpretative rule on discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation, and a review of the proposed rules for data collection for small business loans under Section 1071;
- Fair Housing Act - includes a review of recent redlining cases and discrimination in appraisals cases;
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (Regulation C) including a review of the final rule that updates thresholds for open-end credit, which was effective on January 1, 2022;
- Homeowners Protection Act;
- Fair Credit Reporting Act;
- Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act); and
- Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices.
The program is designed for Compliance Officers, Loan Officers, Loan Processors, Auditors, and others with responsibilities related to the origination and servicing of mortgage loans.
Kimberly Boatwright is EVP and Director of Risk and Compliance at Compliance Resource, LLC and has more than a two decades of experience working in the financial services industry. Ms. Boatwright is a well-regarded financial industry risk and compliance professional with a strong background in program development and implementation. She is a thought leader who specializes in Fair Lending, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC, and consumer compliance. During her career she has worked for and consulted with all types of financial institutions helping to establish and evolve compliance and risk programs. She is a frequent public speaker, trainer, and author on compliance and risk management topics. Kimberly is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
Jack Holzknecht is the Founder of and Senior Consultant at Compliance Resource, LLC. He has been delivering the word on lending compliance for 46 years. In 41 years as a trainer over 155,000 bankers (and many examiners) have participated in Jack’s live seminars and webinars. Jack’s career began in 1976 as a federal bank examiner. He later headed the product and education divisions of a regional consulting company. There he developed loan and deposit form systems and software. He also developed and presented training programs to bankers in 43 states. Jack has been an instructor at compliance schools presented by a number of state bankers associations. As a contractor he developed and delivered compliance training for the FDIC for ten years. He is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a member of the National Speakers Association.
Click here for hotel and area information.