February 24, 2023
Member Fee (Live or Recording): $165 per connection
Non-Member Fee (Live or Recording): $265 per connection
The Consolidated Appropriations Act 2023 contains the retirement account changes we have been waiting for-get ready some go into effect in 2023.
You will also get a good review and update for the 2022-2023 tax season, including information on health savings accounts. We will look at the regulations on inherited IRAs and the required minimum distributions. How the IRS is reconciling the two seemingly conflicting statutes on the 10-year rule and decedents already in payout will be covered.
• Increase in age for required beginning date distributions—73 and eventually 75
• Higher Catch-up contributions for those 60, 61, 62 and 63
• Emergency distributions up to $1000 per year without 10% penalty
• RMD penalty is reduced from 50% to 25%
• Changes on excess penalty if withdrawn by tax due date
• Statute of limitations on excess contributions
• Amendments extended for CARES Act and SECURE Act
• IRS Notice explains SECURE Act changes on required minimum distributions
• IRS Notice explains inherited IRAs distribution and 10-year rule
Registrants of this webinar will receive a 600+page IRA Handbook
IRA Administrators, Deposit Operations, Branch Administration, Training, Branch Managers, Customer Service Representatives, Tellers, Compliance
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical, inc. a Florida-based firm, specializing in the education of banks and credit unions across the nation. Her 35+ years of banking and teaching experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She graduated from Louisiana State University with both her bachelor's and master’s degrees. Deborah's specialty is in the deposit side of the financial institution where she teaches seminars on regulations, documentation, insurance and Individual Retirement Accounts.