September 13, 2022
Member Fee: $165 per connection
Non-Member Fee: $265 per connection
An effective testing program is paramount to your compliance management system. Self testing can help you identify issues before your examiners do, allowing you to correct them before their next visit. But where should you start? This session will explore the Bank Secrecy Act / Anti Money Laundering examination manual and will discuss specifics related to testing methods.
- Background of BSA/AML requirements
- What will the examiners test?
- How to focus your testing based on your institutions risk
- How to utilize examination manuals to plan your testing
- What to test for disclosures, notices, etc.
- Transaction testing for the major BSA areas
- Common issues found
- Bonus: All participants will receive sample workpapers for transaction testing
This informative session is designed for Quality Control Managers, Quality Control staff, Compliance Officers, Compliance staff, BSA Officers, BSA staff, Internal Audit Managers, and Internal Audit staff.
Deborah L. Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc a Florida based training company. Her 30+ years of experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She does training on deposit and frontline operations, BSA, IRAs, compliance and many other areas of the financial institution. She graduated from Louisiana State University with both her Bachelor and master’s degrees.