Consider Hosting Bank Shadow Day this October Through 365 to Rich Program
We are very excited to introduce a new Louisiana Bankers Education Council program, 365 to Rich, that was piloted in 2016 and will be open to all banks this year. 365 to Rich Bank Shadow Day is a great program for high school seniors to spend a day shadowing a banker. The last two weeks of October are designated as the time to hold the 365 to Rich Bank Day. The purpose of 365 to Rich is to introduce banking as a career option and to provide financial literacy resources to the student.
The name 365 to Rich comes from the actions that take place after the shadow day when the student will receive a daily text for 365 days on how to become “rich” in all ways such as money, work, knowledge, service, relationships, etc.
After the 365 to Rich Bank Shadow Day, the students can write an essay, 500-1,000 words, that will be judged among the others across the state, with one student awarded an iPad.
All banks in the state are encouraged to participate this year. We will provide you with all the following:
- Sample letter of introduction to the teacher at the high school where the bank asks for a nomination of a student to participate in the program
- Student application that is to be signed by the student, the sponsoring teacher and the parent
- Sample schedule of the shadow day
- Essay guidelines
- Frequently asked questions
- Financial literacy power point presentation to show the student during the shadow day
- 365 to Rich t-shirt for the student
- Flash drive for the student that will contain the financial literacy power point presentation and a list of financial literacy resources
If you are interested in participating, please email LBA's Chief Operating Officer Ginger Laurent at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will send you all the documents. All we ask in return is that you send us a picture of your student at the bank on the 365 to Rich bank day. Click here to see the pictures from the 2016 pilot program. Click here to go to the 365 to Rich webpage. What a wonderful way to interact with students in your community who may be interested in a banking career.