The Louisiana Bankers Education Foundation exists to promote banking and financial literacy in Louisiana through education initiatives:
- Scholarships to Louisiana high school graduates who are children of a Louisiana banker and who are entering a Louisiana college or university in a banking related field.
- Financial literacy programs in Louisiana elementary and high schools through:
- Banks-at-school in elementary schools
- Banking study guides distributed to high schools
- Louisiana JumpStart Coalition to foster financial education K - 12
The Louisiana Bankers Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, giving you the opportunity to contribute, tax-deductible, to financial education in Louisiana in the following ways. All gifts may be designated in honor or memory of a friend, colleague or loved one.
- Gifts of any size to endow the general fund will ensure funding for all financial literacy programs into the future. Many banks and individuals are making multi-year pledges. You can, too, by completing the form linked above and emailing it to email@example.com.
- Specific pledges:
- Pledge $1,000 per year to cover the regional scholarship in your area, to be named for you or your designee. Selection criteria is set by the Louisiana Bankers Education Foundation.
- Pledge $10,000 to endow a scholarship named for you or your designee which would provide a $500 per year scholarship to a school of your choice with your input in some selection criteria components.
- Planned giving bequests, charitable remainder trusts, estate gifts, etc. Consult your attorney, accountant and investment advisor concerning planned giving decisions.
The Louisiana Bankers Education Foundation is governed by an all volunteer board of bankers. For more information, contact Ginger Laurent at 225/214-4824 or firstname.lastname@example.org.