November 27, 2023
Member Fee (Live or Recording): $165 per connection
Non-Member Fee (Live or Recording): $265 per connection
This webinar fulfills BSA and Reg CC Annual Training Requirements.
During this program we will cover many teller regulatory and compliance issues. We will look at your signature contract, state and federal rules regarding the handling of checks. You will review some fundamentals but move towards the more advanced check issues involving fiduciaries, scams, and holds.
- Endorsements—Business, Personal and Fiduciary
- When do we know a customer is deceased and what to do with the checks afterwards
- What do we do with checks written to more than one person by using and or or
- What to do when the amounts don’t match on a check
- What to do when the customer wants you to cash a check made payable to the bank
- Legal Issues--Postdated, Stale dated, Stop Payments On Checks
- Check Scams
- How and When to Place Holds—Regulation CC
- How to hold a cashier's check
- How to hold a treasury check
- How to hold corresponding funds when cashing a check
- Security features on Treasury Checks and Postal Money Orders
- Breaking down the signature card—who can do what
- Working with POAs, Representative Payees, Trustees, Executors
- Handling Checks for fiduciaries
- How money moves and time frames
- BSA Staff training
Tellers, Head Tellers, Branch Staff, Customer Service Representatives and Branch Managers
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical, inc. a Florida-based firm, specializing in the education of banks and credit unions across the nation. Her 35+ years of banking and teaching experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She graduated from Louisiana State University with both her bachelor's and master’s degrees. Deborah's specialty is in the deposit side of the financial institution where she teaches seminars on regulations, documentation, insurance and Individual Retirement Accounts.