Please note: This webinar was originally scheduled for May 11 but was moved to May 10 due a conflict for the presenter.
Member Fee (Live or Recording): $495 per connection for all 3 parts
Non-Member Fee (Live or Recording): $595 per connection for all 3 parts
Click here for information on Part 2 on May 18
Click here for information on Part 3 on May 25
What are the latest “hot buttons” in lending compliance? Learn what’s new, what’s proposed, and what changes need to be made to loan policy, underwriting practices, loan disclosures, loan documentation, and fair lending documentation. This series will explain the lending process from application through closing for both consumer and commercial loans. This series is designed to explain the major lending regulations in terms that are easy to understand.
Practical suggestions are included to help manage lending compliance issues. Additional resources include links to the key model disclosures from Regulation Z and Regulation B; Flood Notices; RESPA issues and counseling notices, HMDA data collection tips, and suggestions for following the CFPB changes. A matrix is provided for 30 types of Real Estate secured loans and a list of requirements Regulation B, RESPA, Regulation Z (including the Ability to Repay, Right of Recission, HPMLs), HMDA, and Flood.
Part 1 of this 3 part webinar series will provide an overview of the lending compliance priorities and changes in 2023. This general session is a great introduction for those new to the lending process, as well as an important review for the experienced lenders, audit & compliance professionals.
The focus for 2023 is predicted to include:
- Fair Lending
- Technology and consumer protection
- Consumer product digital marketing – and potential UDAAP violations
- Community Reinvestment Act focus
- Fair Credit Reporting Act violations
What you will learn:
- What violations do examiners cite most frequently in lending compliance exams?
- What are the current “red flags” in Fair Lending? This section includes a review of recent enforcement actions, consequences of violations, and tips to avoid fair lending pitfalls.
- Regulatory expectations for consumer protection, including the February 2023 Advisory Opinion from the CFPB on RESPA Section 8 for digital mortgage comparison-shopping platforms.
- Advertising basics for lending and potential UDAAP issues
- CRA performance evaluation components
- The top 10 issues for FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) and recent enforcement actions
This webinar series is designed to explain the basic requirements for lending compliance in terms that someone new to lending compliance can understand. It will also be an effective review for experienced lending personnel and employees who are responsible for an effective compliance management system. The series benefits lenders, loan support personnel, auditors, and compliance officers.
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real life examples.
Thank You To Our May Webinar Sponsor: