The Louisiana Bankers Association has partnered with FDIC to bring you this important update on current and emerging banking issues. Sessions will be tailored to directors, risk management and consumer compliance staff to bring participants up to date on current economic trends and regulatory issues.
December 1, 2023
Member Fee: $265
Non-Member Fee: $465
- 8:30am - Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00am - 10:00am - Emerging Risks in a Rising Rate & Inflationary Environment - FDIC Senior Examination Specialist Jack Nickels
This session will include a discussion of the risks emerging from and exacerbated by high and rising interest rates and the inflationary environment.
- 10:15am - 11:00am - Consumer Protection Hot Topics - FDIC DCP Supervisory Examiner Basil Carroll
Discussion topics for this session will include strengthening and modernizing the CRA; identifying and mitigating potential redlining risk; skip-a-payment programs; property appraisal and valuation equity; and deposit insurance and misrepresentations.
- 11:00am - 11:45am - Regulator Panel - Panelists: FDIC DCP Deputy Regional Director David Wright, FDIC DCP Field Supervisor Jenipher Smith, FDIC RMS Assistant Regional Director Eric Guyot and OFI Chief Examiner/Depository Jonathan Finley
This session will include regulatory responses to questions and comments from the audience.
- 11:45am - 1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm - Third Party Risk Management - FDIC DCP Acting Assistant Regional Director David Evans and FDIC RMS Supervisory Examiner Robert Holmes
In this session, we’ll discuss potential risk presented from third-party relationships and how to mitigate them; and the new Interagency Guidance on Third-Party Relationship (FIL - 29 - 2023).
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm - Information Technology and Cybersecurity - FDIC IT Supervisory Examiner Charles Neal
Discussion topics include common examination findings; security incidents and reporting requirements; and case studies.
MCLE (Mandatory Legal Continuing Education) - CLE has been approved for 4.5 hours
CEOs, Presidents, Directors, Senior Management, Compliance Officers, Internal Auditors, Technology Officers, CFOs & Loan Officers
Due to commitments we must make to secure a class, we need your help. If you must cancel your registration, please do so by close of business November 28, 2023 to avoid a cancellation fee for $125. Any registrant who does not cancel will be billed the full registration fee. Substitutions are welcome at no additional charge.
Hotel Room Block Information at The Renaissance Hotel, Baton Rouge:
The LBA has contracted for a set number of sleeping rooms at the Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel. We will monitor the room pickup and add rooms if available. We encourage you to make your reservations early to receive the LBA's discounted rates for this program - $139+tax. The deadline for the room block is November 9, 2023. After that date, reservations will be made based on availability and the hotel may not be able to honor the discounted rate. To make your reservations, call (225) 215-7000 and mention the LA Bankers Association FDIC Directors' College/Banker Outreach to receive the discounted rate or click here to book your reservation online.