October 12, 2023
Member Fees: $265 (In-Person); $365 (Live Stream); $530 (Recording); $100 Add On Recording Fee with In-Person or Live Stream Registration
Non-Member Fees: $465 (In-Person); $565 (Live Stream); $730 (Recording); $100 Add On Recording Fee with In-Person or Live Stream Registration
Please note: If you participate in-person or by live stream via Zoom, we will email a certificate to you following the program. Certificates will only be emailed to registered attendees. If you register for the recording, we will not be able to provide a certificate because we will not be able to track attendance.
Click here for tips if participating in the live streamed seminar.
The Real Estate Appraisers Board has approved this seminar for 4 CE hours for in-person and live stream only.
It’s been another active year on Federal and State levels in addition to the secondary market relative to the appraisal function. We will update previous topics and talk about new items.
- Update on Federal and State Government Regulations
- Update on USPAP
- New Appraiser Qualification Requirements
- PAREA (Practical Applications in Real Estate Appraisal) release
- Update on PAVE (Property Appraisal and Valuation Equity) task force
- ROV (Reconsideration of Value) Policy and Procedure development
- Appraiser BIAS – search for potential bias in appraisal reports
- UAD Redesign – new GSE appraisal forms
- AIR self-assessment checklist
- Review FNMA FAQs
- AVMs (automated valuation models)
- Value Acceptance vs. Appraisal Waiver
- Regulator answers to specific bank questions regarding:
- Extensions of credit
- Appraiser inspections
- Tract developments and use of model home appraisals
- Bank size and compliance with regulations
- Loan assumptions
- Communication with the appraiser
- Necessity of engagement letters
- Business loan exemptions
- Ask a panel of Appraisers questions about the residential and commercial current market, ROVs, potential bias in the appraisal process, etc.
- And more…
This presentation directly relates to your responsibilities as a risk manager for your bank. Don’t’ miss it!
Bankers and Appraisers involved in real estate valuation services, real estate lending, credit administration and risk management.
Cheryl Bonnaffons Bella is a General State Certified Appraiser in the State of Louisiana and the State of Texas. She has earned both the MAI and AI-GRS (General Review Specialist) designations through The Appraisal Institute. Cheryl is an active member of the Local and State Chapters of the Appraisal Institute, serving in various State and Regional offices over the years including La. Chapter President in 2013. She is also a member of the Greater Baton Rouge Association of Realtors. In 2015 Cheryl Bella was appointed by the Governor of Louisiana to serve as a member of the Louisiana Real Estate Appraisers Board. In 2018 Cheryl became an AQB Certified USPAP Instructor.