The LBA Bank Counsel Section consists of bank attorneys that work as both in-house and outside counsel. The section members, under the direction of the Bank Counsel Committee members, assist in drafting legislation and work closely with the LBA government relations and legal staff throughout the year. Membership dues for the Bank Counsel Section are $185 per year and entitle members to the following Association benefits:
- Listing in Bank Counsel Member Section of LBA’s online financial directory, The Bankers Directory.
- Subscription to LBA's Government Relations Update.
- Subscription to LBA's Legislative Report.
- Subscription to LBA's monthly Regulatory Review.
- Subscription to LBA's monthly Legal Bulletin.
- Subscription to The Louisiana Banker monthly electronic newsletter.
- Member access to the LBA website content, including access to the electronic version of the Louisiana Banking Laws Book, as well as an archive of previous Bank Counsel Conference materials.
- Eligibility to register for the annual LBA Bank Counsel Conference at member rates.
- Eligibility to register for LBA's Annual Convention & Exposition at member rates.
- Eligibility to register for LBA seminars of interest to bank counsel at the member rate.
To join LBA's Bank Counsel Section, download the application below.