The mission of the Louisiana Bankers Education Council is to promote financial education among bankers and students throughout Louisiana by:
- Elementary school financial literacy education, i.e. Bank-at-School
- High school financial literacy education, i.e. Simply Banking
- College Freshman Scholarships
- Louisiana JumpStart Coalition – partnering with others to promote financial literacy throughout Louisiana
- Education for middle management bankers
- Manage the Louisiana Bankers Education Foundation which funds the above programs
For more information on the council's governing policy, click here.
Since 1994, LBEC and the State Treasurer's Office has co-sponsored and organized an educational program where banks assist elementary schools promote financial education throughout the state.
Simply Banking is the banking study guide designed for high school and middle school students. There is a teacher version with benchmarks, and a separate student version. Both are PDF files that easily download in minutes.
College Freshman Scholarships
LBEC offers $1,000 cash scholarships to incoming freshmen who have at least one parent employed with a bank in Louisiana or are themselves an employee of a bank in Louisiana. The student must enroll in an accredited Louisiana college or university with a declared major in a banking related field.
Louisiana JumpStart Coalition
The Louisiana Bankers Education Council has joined forces with Louisiana JumpStart which is a coalition of organizations dedicated to improving the financial capability of individuals by providing advocacy and access to financial education programs and resources.
Officers & Council Members
Each year at the annual conference, a new slate of officers and council members are elected by the conference attendees to serve for the upcoming year.